Monday, October 26, 2009

Life through a tube of toothpaste

Hello all! So, it's been a while since I've posted. Oops. It's funny how life gets ahead of you, isn't it? We just finished our production of Offenbach's The Tales of Hoffman. I feel like we put on a good show, and I learned so much in the process. This was a challenging show for me on a lot of levels. First of all, it was in French, which is the language I have the least amount of experience with, so that was an adventure. It is also a very complicated show, and so fitting the whole thing together in my brain was a task in and of itself. I also understudied the role of Nicklausse in all of the spare time I had, which was very difficult, but also extremely rewarding. I now feel much more competent and capable of learning roles in the future. Over the past few weeks, I felt like my life was being squeezed through a tube of toothpaste. There were so many deadlines, expectations to meet, tasks to accomplish, people to give my attention to, and places to be that I felt like it was all building up behind the small opening of my 24 hour days. Emotions ran high, and time ran short, but I made it! The show was a success, and now I can catch up on all the other facets of my life. I was lucky enough to have my dad and brother come out for the show. It was really nice to see them, and I am excited to go home for Christmas! I feel like I am always analyzing how I feel about my musical life, and I keep coming up with the same conclusion. I love performing, and I love to sing, but it is hard. Luckily for me, I can do hard things! Haha. I am learning that to be a good performer you have to give so much of your being over to the music and the passion behind it. Sometimes it gets overwhelming, but the reward is always worth the effort.
In other news, fall is in full swing! I love Utah in the fall. The colors are lovely, and the air is crisp and clean. It's supposed to snow tomorrow though. Gross. I love my life, and I hope to update you on it again very soon! Alles liebe!

No comments:

Post a Comment