Sunday, December 14, 2008

My last Sunday in Provo

It's crazy how fast this semester has flown by! Today was my last Sunday in Provo for six months. Six months! Six weeks from today, I will be in Vienna. That blows my mind! I am so indescribeably ecstatic to go! Is there any better city in the world to study music? I submit that there is not. I am going to Vienna on study abroad, and will be documenting my adventures on this very blog. I am living in the First District with my friend Britain. The things that I am probably the most excited about in terms of my Vienna adventure are the concert series and opera scenes program that I will be perfoming in. It ihas been a life-long dream of mine to perform in Europe, and I never in a million years thought that I would get that opportunity this early in my life. The only piece that I am singing in for sure right now is the first scene of Mozart's "The Magic Flute", but there are more to come! It has been so fun putting that scene together, and I can't wait to work on more pieces! The first district is the oldest, and thus the most historic district in Vienna. I cannot wait to get there! Here are some pictures of the first district:




Schoenbrun Palace






This is the Staatsoper (State Opera). Words cannot describe how excited I am to go there!!!!!




Stephansdom. This is two or three blocks from my apartment. Amazing.
So, while I am sad to be leaving all my fabulous friends in Provo, I am also anxiously anticipating my trip across the pond!

No comments:

Post a Comment