Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Adventure Begins!!!

I'm in Vienna!!!!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!! It's seven o'clock pm local time, and I am exhausted! I got on my first flight at six thirty pm yesterday, and got to Vienna at two pm today. Whew! Luckily, my neighbor got me a sweet upgrade to business class for the Atlanta to London flight. It was awesome! I then had a four-hour layover in London, during which I had to switch airports. That was an adventure. Then I had to manage the Heathrow airport. I don't know if it was because I was tired, or because I hadn't flown international in a while, but that airport frustrated me to no end, and I like airports! Anyway, Dr. Vincent was nice enough to pick me up at the Vienna airport, and get me set up with my Hausfrau. My hausfrau's name is Frau Baccetti. She's an awesome older lady who speaks absolutely no English. Luckily, my German is good enough that I have been able to communicate with her so far. The apartment is sweet. It's in this old building in the first district. It has all sorts of crazy wallpaper. I'll post pictures tomorrow. It's really quaint, and Britain and I have our own bathroom area, which is nice. I'll have to post a more detailed description tomorrow when I'm not so delirious. I went exploring a little bit tonight. Vienna feels different than I thought it would. I expected it to feel huge, like NYC does, but it feels pretty small, even though I know it's not. I think maybe it's because all the buildings in this district have these beautiful facades, and none of them are all that tall. The district I'm staying in was also the midieval part of Vienna too, so the streets are all windy and narrow. It's cool. I managed to meander my way up to Stephansdom tonight! It's super close! A lot closer than I though, actually. I walked around it, and might go to a concert there tomrrow night. Well, I'll post again tomorrow, hopefully. If I can get internet again, that is. Auf wiedersehen!

2 comments:

  1. You share a bathroom with Britain!? All of it? That's got to be one busy bathroom. I hope you get to shower.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. I know, it does get kind of tight sometimes. I'll try to shove her out of the way and get to the shower. ;)

    ReplyDelete